Sunday, March 05, 2006

My absurd life


Today was my cousin’s Conformation party, and me, acting as his sponsor, felt a responsibility to write him a card with more than just “Hey, here’s some money…From, Bobby” Well, as I was writing out my card to him I was simultaneously carrying on an AIM conversation with one of my outrageous friends, "G". I think posting the message I wrote in the card juxtaposed with the IM conversation with "G", will give you a sense of the absurdity my life assumes.

The card: “It was such an honor to be your Conformation sponsor. More importantly, it’s been so exciting for me to watch you grow up over the years. While I’m old enough to remember when you were born, I’m still young enough to recall how I felt when I was your age. Where you are now, on the brink of high school, truly is one of biggest crossroads of your life. Never again will have you the chance to decide for yourself what your future will be. I know you’ll make the right decisions and mature into a distinguished and accomplished young man.

All my best,

Bobby”

Exert from AIM convo (note: screennames have been edited)

G: i want a WWJMD braclet

Auto response from Bobby: shower

G: what would jim morrison do

Bobby: lovin the WWJM

G: bobby!

G: hahah

G: wwjmd

Bobby: u need to make that bracelet

Bobby: hahahaha

G: sersouly

G: i dont know how tho...i dont know a braclet maker

Bobby: haha it would be great

Bobby: so irreverent i love it

G: hahahah

G: im sitting in the library w. a sweet sweet case of ADD

G: i changed my profile, checked everybody's away message 10 times and stalked hot girls on facebook but have yet to read about Parmenides theory of what comes from something

G: and since i havent done a thing, Parmenides says I cannot exist

G: hahah

Bobby: HAHAHAHA that is classic...i might have copy that exert and use it for my new blog

Bobby: amazing

Bobby: hahahha

Bobby: how was the weekend?

G: not bad not bad... mad river and the townhouses

Then the climax of the conversation (which is also the epitome of my ridiculousness):

(After telling me about hooking up with a very hot chick)

Bobby: she's hot dude..that's a big hookup

G: she was the first person i saw at dapps and the first words she says is 'you're sleeping in my bed tonight'

G: i was like aight!

G: hahahah

Bobby: hahahahahaha probably about the best start to a night i've ever heard

G: sersouly

G: a few shots later..

G: bada bing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home